Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cycling continues….

Okay, since the last blog, I’ve maybe ridden a couple of times.  I tried Chris’s bike but his seat was super hard and I vowed never to use his bike again.  I rode a couple of times around the neighbourhood and on Sunday last, I rode about 12 klms.  I’m practicing for a charity bike run on October 16th, which is on a Sunday and it starts at 7am.  I’m going to do the 10klm run.  One of the other ladies at work cycles every morning and she’ll be doing the run as well, but she’s doing the big one at 64 klms, which is up hill and down dale.  But I’m not quite as experienced as she is, so I’m keeping mine a bit short.  I thought about doing the 26 klm run, which is the next one up, but I don’t think this little duck can make it.  But!  all in all, it’s really about getting money for the local neighbourhood center.  So!, I’m doing my bit.

I’ve thought about riding the bike to work in the mornings which is about 7 klms to and then it would be 7 klms home again.  Now THAT would get me up to speed!  But I haven’t quite grasped that one yet and with all these beautiful spring days, you’d think I would be busting to do this.  I have made all the excuses under the sun….” I slept in,… I don’t want to be sweaty when I get to work, …..I’ll just have a cuppa before I go,….”  well you get the picture.  So discipline isn’t my forte, but I’m WORKING on it.

Now tomorrow we have a meeting which starts at 7:30am, which means I’d have to leave at 6:30am to get there on time.  Hmmmm….can I do it?  Do I WANT to do it? and when I get there, where will I put the bike?….well these seem to be the questions I keep asking myself.  As NIKE said,..”JUST DO IT!”

No comments: