Saturday, April 28, 2012

I have started my bucket list…….

I don’t know WHY I’ve started my bucket list, but it came up while I was surfing the web the other night and I thought “Why not!”.  So I started one.

And after reading what I could put on the list, I realized that I have done HEAPS of stuff already!  So here’s a short list of stuff that I’ve already done:

1. Saw Sydney Harbour Bridge, didn’t climb it or intend to, just photograph it. 

2. I’ve crossed the Simpson Desert.

3. I’ve crossed the Nullabour Plains.

4. I’ve gone through the Daintree. The ocean looked FABULOUS from the Daintree.  ( Even caught sight of a Cassowary & baby)

5. I’ve seen the Opera House and walked around it. (ooh I’ll have to add that I would like to hear a concert IN the Opera House on my new list!)

5a. I have been to the Taronga Zoo, the Dubbo Zoo, and San Diego Zoo.

6. I’ve gone horseback riding. ( major mistake on your honeymoon)

7. I have travelled right around Australia by caravan. (and yes we’re still happily married!)

8. I have motored up the Daintree River with live crocodiles each side of the river.  (Although you wouldn’t know it, because they looked fake.)

9. I have caught a good sized fish that I ate! ( there’s been a few bream here and there)

10.  I’ve seen whales, dolphins, sea turtles, koalas, kangaroos, galahs, rainbow lorakeets, King parrots, Rosellas, cockatoos, wild pigs, emus, sting rays, sharks,  ALL IN THEIR NATIVE environments. ( Awesome sights!)

11. I have been to Hawaii. ( care of Pam & Ron, who happen to live there)

12.  I have been to Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm. (because I used to live there)

13.  I have been to Universal Studios, and Warner Brother’s Studios (once again the opportunity came up and I grabbed it)

 

Okay, that’s enough.  There’s been heaps more, but I won’t go in to it.  But the one thing I would like to say is, that by writing a Bucket List, it’s like listing your dreams and you can slowly mark them off one by one.  But it also makes you appreciate what you HAVE done and accomplished in your life.  It doesn’t have to be the grandest thing, but something that you have wanted to do, see, feel, hear, etc.

And if you don’t succeed this year, there’s always next time.  You just need to grab the opportunities as they come and enjoy and savour the moment, and with a big smile on your face, cross it off the list.

No comments: