Sunday, March 10, 2013

WEIGHT LOSS,........blah blah blah

Isn't it amazing that as soon as you say " weight loss", you're mind goes into hyper drive saying " yeah! I can do this!" and then life intrudes and you go back to your normal routine, snacking on lollies, chips, and soft drinks.

I was reading my favourite magazine Better Homes and Gardens, and came across this segment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For 2 years, I have made losing weight my New Years resolution. Yep, 2 years. Have I lost weight? No. And you want to know why? Because I never made plans to lose weight. I never really took it seriously. I mean, my health is fine and I'm fit as fiddle, although I wake up each morning achy here and there, oh and my energy level wans an hour after I get up, but I'm fine if I keep moving.

My normal routine is i get up have 2 cups of coffee, a bowl of cereal, and then head to work for another cup of coffee. And then if im lucky, someone does the bakery run and i have a half of an apple turnover complete with cream. Then a normal lunch usually includes chips and a coke. Dinner is the only meal, that could be constituted as healthy. Then i fill up later with licorice and an ice block. Of course during the summer months, there's sweet ice tea. Normally, I just keep pouring coffee into my body to get me moving and keep me alert.

Today I wear a size 20. When I got married 35 years ago, I was a size 9, but that was another story. I'm most comfortable in a size 16 and would be very happy to go back to that.

So welcome to my journey of losing weight. My goal is to weigh 80 kilos in 6 months.

I guess the first step in losing weight is to weigh in. So my weight is 104.1 Kilograms and my height is 178 cm, which gives me a BMI of 33 which is considered obese nowadays. But this means that I need to lose 4 kilos each month for the next 6 months. Hmmm.... That should be simple enough.

Next up, is working out what you're going to eat, so I need to make a menu for the week. This will help me with what I can and cannot eat. I did pull up the Weight Watchers app on the iPad, so that will help me with some ideas. This will take some time to set up, so I will leave you for now.

 

No comments: