Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Who's snoring?...not me!

We woke up this morning discussing each other's snoring habits.  While he absolutely DENIES he's snores, I don't.  I KNOW I snore.  But I slept very well last night and while I could feel him stretching out a bit further, I moved over to let him have more room.  Which I found out this morning, he wasn't stretching out, but trying to get me to STOP snoring! 

The caravan has a little double bed with rounded corners at the foot.  But we're both large people and we usually sleep in a Kingsize bed.  So it's been an adjustment JUST in the size of the bed.  But throw in the snoring and OH BOY!!  It's a real cacophony of noise at night between the two of us.  And we've BOTH been waking each other up with each others' snoring!

Now, normally,...when we're at home, if he's snoring, I just move to another bed and close the room door.  But you CAN'T DO THAT in a caravan!  So I'm stuck!  I've even slept on the little couch in the front part of the caravan with the little plastic accordion door shut, but  then I woke up very stiff the next morning.  So now I think twice before doing it.

He!...on the other hand..CAN'T go anywhere.  He's far too large to be sleeping anywhere else.   (  ...except maybe OUTSIDE.  IN THE SLEEPING BAG!!)   So that means HE'S stuck too! 

And while he contemplated divorce last night and has been a little snipey today, I think this might be one of those things that may need to be negotiated.  We're only half way through our trip and I'm finding that we're turning into Mr. Grumpy and Miss Vague. 

I've heard that weight is a major contributing factor for snoring, and we BOTH know we're overweight.  So maybe that is something that needs to be looked at.  And maybe some more walking.  I really DO enjoy bush walking.  Maybe we can convince Chris to do a bit more of that.

Now,...(The alarm just went off)... WHY did I put that alarm on?...oh yeah!! ...the clothes are ready from the dryer.  Okay, gotta go! Focus Kathy, focus.

No comments: