Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cold and wet in Albany…..

The bad weather finally got here.  The rains poured down and the winds howled.  And poor Col and Chris worked diligently on the Scout all day on one of the COLDEST days we’ve had ( 9 deg. C).  Well, the Scout has been put back together.  It still has a rattle in it, but not as bad as before.  So I guess we’ll wait and see what happens there.  And frozen to the bones,  Chris had finished helping out, he came in and peeled off his work clothes and jacket.  I promptly washed those and then hung them in the caravan.  The place looked like a laundry house last night.

And the plumber man didn’t arrive so I still have a leak in the bathroom.  And with the heavy rains last night, we found a leak in the roof….just above the bed.  This was coming from a vent that was supposedly sealed.  Not too much, mind you, but just enough where if the drip hits you while you’re sleeping, you’d know about it.  And there was a little bit of rain blowing in from one of the roof vents.  Ah, such is caravan life. 

We donned our hats and coats today and braved the cold Antarctic winds to do some sight-seeing.  We stopped in at the Whaling Museum for some lunch…fish and chips of course!  And then we finished our day out with hot cup of Milo in the caravan.

Tomorrow is Chris’s birthday, so I’ve baked a chocolate cake.  Did I say “baked”..I meant “burnt”.  I’ll just have to smother it in chocolate frosting and he’ll never know.  How do you NOT make a decent cake with a cake MIX for goodness sake?!!  My excuse?.. I’m still getting the knack of using this oven.  At least he’ll have lots of presents and hopefully the cake won’t be too dry.

No comments: