Friday, August 7, 2009

The “ In between” times…..

We DID it!! It’s the first time in a LONG LONG time that we FINALLY got to WASH the caravan. It positively GLOWS! There really IS white under all that red dust. Ah,…so nice. Nothing makes you feel better than having a clean car, room, house, or.. caravan.

We stopped in yesterday at the caravan park in Fitzroy Crossing. We were told we could wash the car AND the van. Woohoo! So Chris and I hopped straight into it. And then this morning the hot water system had a hard time starting up. One of the wires caught fire, but was quickly extinguished and the water is now heating up nicely. That means hot showers!

So here, we will have a look at Geiki Gorge and have a bit of a cruise up the Fitzroy River. We’ll only be here for another night and then we head up to the Bungle Bungle’s. Another one of Mother Nature’s majestic masterpieces.

And just a short note to let those who are following this blog, that I’ve made a few technical errors in my facts.

I made note that the truck carriages can sometimes get up to 5?..well, it’s only 4. That’s all their allowed, so I’ve been told. So while I try to keep the facts straight, I may miss one or two of the CORRECT facts. I think Col said it was “EOE”…errors and omissions exempt. I guess that means “ she’ll be right” and don’t worry too much about it.

Anyway, I’ll finish my cuppa and check a few Scrabble games out and then we can head off.

No comments: