Friday, September 25, 2009

A simple life in the ‘burbs’.

IMG_4093

Well, this week, we’ve said goodbye to “Miss Daisy” and hello to a boat. The boat is an 18ft catamaran.  A good fishing and whale watching boat.   Miss Daisy, who was given to a good home,  will be sadly missed.  But it’s time now for us to explore our own backyard and a boat will be required for doing that.

Chris, with his ‘CEO hat’,  has been doing his thing in organizing all the tradesmen to set this, that, and the other thing up.

IMG_4085  We have the extra kitchen cupboards done so the kitchen now LOOKS finished, we just have to wait on the desk now.  The plumber has connected the water to the fridge, the slab for the shed is down and the shed gets completed next week.  The fence palings have been delivered and stacked ready for fixing. And the backyard looks like a construction site.   And, after many trips around the neighbourhood, It has taken us two weeks to sort out what we want to do with the fence, but we finally got there.  And we’ve also got an idea for what to plant in the front yard now.

IMG_4088 We picked up Rob’s Scout for him at the beginning of the week.  He’ll be here this weekend to pick up “Doodle” (Doodle?!  are you serious?!!)  But it will be nice to see both him and Casey this weekend and weather permitting, our first day out in the boat should be excellent.

We had a lovely dust storm come through yesterday, but you wouldn’t know it.  With us being in a new estate and a new house being built across the street AND with no vegetation to stop the flow of dirt, the layer of dirt INSIDE the house is the norm around here.  I figured it was time for a clean up when I could write my name on the kitchen table and the CLEAN spots on the floor was where you had been walking.

I’ve started riding my bike again.  Although with the gusty winds this week, I missed my ride on Wednesday, but today is looking pretty good.  Even Chris has bought a new bike so we can enjoy rides down to the esplanade together.  I just have to convince him to RIDE down to the esplanade, not drive there.  It’s not THAT far!    And I’m also working on the photo album, sorting out which pictures to use.  My aunt and uncle sent some old sepia photos of my family, which I’ve printed and hung on the walls.  Now, I’m just sorting out the photos from our trip.

So as you can see, while we wait for our new grandson to arrive, we’re keeping busy.  Even the dogs are enjoying the hustle and bustle of ‘tradies’ going in and out of the backyard.

No comments: