Friday, April 9, 2010

From the tropics to the Outback….

IMG_5582

Once we finished breakfast, we toured through Port Douglas.  As you can see, we STILL are having showers here and there.

 

 

IMG_5590

And from the tropics to the hills.  The weather was starting to clear up as we headed further west.

 

IMG_5595

We stopped in at Herberton Pioneer Museum.  Chris and I have passed through here twice in the last four years and it was never open.  But TODAY!  it was!

And I’m so glad we did.  There’s been a lot of effort in to producing this wonderful bit of Australian history.

This truly gave Pam and Ron a taste of what the country was like many years ago.

IMG_5601

IMG_5602

IMG_5603

Here’s where I sat and waited for the guys to catch up, all the while listening to the music from the early 1900’s.

 

 

 

IMG_5620 Stitch

This is what the early settler lived like.

IMG_5625

Hey,..this flour is from Toowoomba!!  That’s where we used to live!

 

 

 

Well we left Herberton to head over to Undarra.

IMG_5637

So from the tropics to the Savannah we’ve gone.  We settled into our train carriages tonight.  Tomorrow we’re up early for a tour of the lava tubes.

So with that in mind, I better get to sleep.  I’ve done five blog postings and now I just need to get them uploaded when I get reception.  Good night!

No comments: