Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dear Diary….

I DID it!  I finally got on the bike and went for a ride. I didn’t get up at 6am but 6:30am.  It was very refreshing.  It was a bit cool outside, but the air was clear and the sun still low in the sky.  I coasted out on to the streets where it was silent in the estate, but you could hear the early morning traffic on the main road.  I rode by one of the lakes where there was about 50 Kookaburras, some ducks, and even the fish jumped away as they saw me come up.  I only went for 30 minutes but Chris and I are going to do another ride along the esplanade later today.  I can’t believe I finally did it.  It’s hard to change habits especially when you just want to sit in the warm house drinking a warm sweet coffee and play on the computer.  Tomorrow, I will need to do the same thing again.  If you’re going to break a habit it has to be consistent.

No comments: