Sunday, June 1, 2008

Diet,.....bah humbug!

Nothing worse than trying over and over again to get the balance just right.  I've been trying to keep the fruit and vegies into me, but old habits are hard to break.  I've deduced that my tongue is the strongest part of my body.  It's the one that decides what I want to eat.  It says " I WANT SUGAR!",...so I reach for an apple.  Thirty minutes later, it says, " I WANT SUGAR!" and my stomach then pipes in to say,.''  YEAH,...THAT WAS TOO LIGHT, I WANT SOMETHING HEAVIER''...and I then reach for the nuts.  Thirty minutes later, my tongue says, "I WANT SUGAR!"....and for some reason, I reach for the custard....WITH bananas and whip cream!  That stopped this craving once and for all.  And with a sigh, we all say "THAT'S BETTER".

Time and again, this battle goes on.  And what's worse, is that all the 'goodies' I buy for Camille get eaten by us.  So I've had to stop buying her goodies too.  Either that or I send them home with her.  My craving has almost resorted to baking.  But I'm trying to curb that tendency.  If I bake, I'm a goner.  It's hard not to think about making cookies, or baking a pie, or a cake.  But, once I DO have that thought, I try to counter it with 'have an apple'.  Bah humbug!...an APPLE?!!!!....eesh.

And then to top all this off,...my thyroid medicine doesn't seem to be working well, so I'm sleeping off and on throughout the day. Every day.   I read that caffeine can play a part in not allowing the medicine to work well, so I started having one cup of coffee in the morning and the rest of the day, I'm on water and lemon juice.  I normally drink about 3 cups(actually mugs) of coffee  a day.  But,  I'm still dragging and wanting to sleep all the time.  I guess this is GOOD for my tyrant tongue as I'm not eating the sweets I normally eat.  I've had to cancel my French class last Tuesday.  I'm fighting the urge to up my thyroid medicine, but I'll wait til I see the doc about the blood results.  Stupid thyroid!!! Hrrumph!  It's frustrating to dream about all the things you want to do and then not have the energy to do them when you're awake.

And in the meantime, it's wet and miserable outside.  Hey, who could ask for better sleeping weather, I guess. LOL  See!,...I'm still positive. Hahaha....zzzzzzZZZZ

No comments: