Thursday, February 19, 2009

My legs are sore, but my soul soars with delight...

There aren't too many words that can describe what we've seen today.  The majestic beauty of the land meeting the sea.  The red and gold colours contrasting against the azure waters.  It was UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

Chris and I started out early this morning and decided to take a walk along the beach.  But first we had to get down these....

100_9315 The Gibson Steps,..and once we got down here, we had to go back UP.  But the ocean breeze was refreshing.  I didn't make it too far up the beach, but Chris managed to get some really good pics of one of the apostles.

 

100_9317 

After climbing back up the steps, I was exhausted!  talk about out of shape!..  But we made it and everything worked out fine.

 

100_9327 Each outcropping was spectacular in it's own right.  And as the day progressed, the sea mist faded and the colours became more pronounced.

 

 

100_9353

And then tucked into one of these inlets, was Port Campbell.  A few houses, a few units, a shop or two and this glorious little beach.

 

 

100_9378

But my all time favourite spot was this one.  London Bridge.  There WAS two arches, but one of them fell in 1990.  This place gave me a sense of serenity.  Even Chris felt it, so we stayed for a while enjoying the ambience.

We walked until we almost dropped.  My knees were calling out to me and my back was a bit sore.  But this morning?...well, I'm feeling pretty good and ready to tackle another day.

No comments: