Saturday, May 17, 2008

Death by Peanut butter.......

The end of the day was fast approaching and the storm arrived ,right on dinner time.  Torrential rains pelted down.  The lightening flashed and the thunder rolled, and the dogs hid in the garage.  Chris has checked on Liz and Jamie's house to make sure it's locked up.  I went around to pull the plugs from the computers as the lightening crackled.  And as I walked into the sunroom, I heard it.  The red and yellow toy barn that plays music when you roll the tractor over the driveway.  Hmm...there's nothing there.  And you know what that means?  They're baaack!

As I write this in the lounge room, there's a fire burning low and Chris is watching The funniest Home Videos, I hear movement in the bedroom.  I have 5 traps set with peanut butter, around the house. (I will never look at peanut butter the same way again).  Chris put baits in the ceiling and on the mezzanine in the shed.

I guess he didn't realize how MUCH I hated rats until he read my blog this morning.  He says I was even a '--little over the top--" in my expression??????!!!!!!!( is he crazy?!!!)  He was most upset that I had conveyed that he was 'slack' in not taking care of the noises that were emanating from our ceiling.  Like,...'YOU'RE SUCH A ...GIRL!"  I told him that I'm not waiting around for Ratatouille to meet me eyeball to eyeball, at my pillow in the evening and I was NOT over the top.  The rat that was caught in the trap this morning, I left outside the door on the deck, expecting to reset the trap again, but it was broken.  And by the time Chris got up, something had taken the dead rat.  I can only presume Tille, our 'farm' poodle, took it.  But this left me with no 'evidence' for proof of vermin.

After reading about history and what happens when you live with rats, I firmly believe that rats are vermin and they have diseases that they like to share around.....like the black plague.  Okay, maybe our oversized 'Mickey Mouse" rats DON'T have the plague, but I'm not sharing my house with those 'THINGS' !

I am comforted tonight in knowing that my husband is FINALLY doing something about the 'noises' and that the peanut butter deathtraps are set; waiting for the little blighters to gobble them up.  I know I have major cleaning ahead of me now, but still, wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

My name is Mickey and I seemed to have lost my friend Minnie whilst we where on a viisit at your house. Last time I saw her she was resting in the little red barn, you know the one that plays that annoying Honkey music when you dare to walk over the bridge (it's a little game we play to break up the evening). Anyway, if you see her around please tell her I'll be waiting in the attic with more peanut butter sandwiches.

Your friend

Mickey The Mooch

P.S.- Any chance of a little honey or jelly to go with that peanut butter and oh yeah I really like 'crunchy' much better than 'smooth', this aint no fine gourmet food place like my cousin in France, but hey beggars can't be choosers right?!!

Mooch