Thursday, May 1, 2008

It's another gloriously beautiful Autumn day....

I just LOVE autumn days.  The Liquid Ambers have turned their colours and there's a small bite in the air.  Of course living here in the sub-tropical area, the only way you CAN tell if it's autumn, is that those particular trees turn.  We don't get snow, but it does get cold enough for a fire at night.

I started this morning in the dark, doing spanish classes with my french teacher, John-Marie.  He too was a student this morning and I noticed his spanish is very good, while, I struggled to understand and respond.  Thank goodness it was an informal class and I wasn't getting tested on it!  eesh.  I could understand the gist of most of it, but boy was I slow! LOL

And then, once we got offline, Chris and I put our 'camping' boots on and went for a long walk this morning.  What a way to start the day.  It was absolutely beautiful this morning.  The Willie wagtails were singing, and there was only one Black Cockatoo crying out and the air was clear as we looked out to the Gold Coast shores.

We had our breakky and then the garden was next.  I've pulled weeds, staked peas and tomatoes, transplanted a Rosella bush, and planted flowers.  All to the tune of Human Nature on my I-Pod.  For you folks who don't know who Human Nature is, they're a group who have terrific harmony and their latest CD's are the Motown Hits.  So with my I-pod on, I've been singing with the boys.  Much to Chris's disgust.  Even the dogs got in on the act.

I've made short work of that and now back to the computer to FINISH my list of the states for my blog.  Starting with TEXAS!!!!!  LOL  and WITHOUT the I-pod.

1 comment:

Blog O' Beth said...

YEAH! you've added Texas! I don't know how you guys are going to do it all but we can't wait to see you in the Lone Star State!!