Friday, May 23, 2008

We'll start tomorrow,...no...Make that Sunday!

Chris and I both decided it's time to lose weight.  So we started walking about 2 weeks ago.  Then came Mother's Day and my fall.  Now, my knee keeps playing up because of all the stretched tendons and muscles.  So as pleased as I was, noting that my knee was starting to strengthen from these walks, everything fell by the way with this fall.  Now, I find it hard to get from one end of the house to other without my tendon dancing over the knee cap leaving me with a feeling of instability. 

And the other night, we decided to change our eating habits.  So we polished off the chocolate biscuits, finished off the apple crumble, and we're buying the GOOD food tomorrow in our shopping trip.  No more chocolate, no more ice cream, no more biscuits, and Chris....we're buying LOW FAT milk from now on.  We're now into fruit.  Vegies were never a problem.  But we need to cut our meat consumption down.  I now have to start having black coffee and tea.  WITHOUT SUGAR.( oh God, NOooo!)

And then today, we ate our lunch out.  Me with my Pizza Sub meal deal, and Chris with his Big Chief Burger and fries. LOL  We WILL get there.  We just have to stick to it.  But I think we'll have to do this after Chris's birthday tomorrow.  He wants a Black Forest Cake for his birthday. LOL 

Okay, SUNDAY we start!  I will need to pull out the books from our Weight Watcher Days.  You know....that point system they've got?  It CAN work.  I just have to remember not to BAKE!!!  No more baking urges for me.  Hey!!... if I don't bake, I won't have to clean the oven!   Now THAT'S an incentive! LOL

And once my knee stops dancing around and I gain some confidence again, we'll start walking in the mornings again.  Yeah.

No comments: