Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm in a more peaceful zone....

Two down.  How many more to go?  Traps are laid out again and this time with CRUNCHY peanut butter.  No JAM!!  Mickey Moocher and I'm not sorry about Minnie either.  Out of 5 traps, I got one rat.  But wouldn't you know it, ALL of them had the peanut butter eaten off of them without throwing the trap.  So I've reset them this time, but with a shorter throw.

I slept very well last night, 11 hours worth.  I was surprised that I slept that long, but glad I did.  I needed the energy to go through the house and clean it.  I checked all the cupboards for obvious signs and any obvious holes.  But no, they were all good.  I vaccumed and mopped every nook and cranny.  The worst area was under the couch in the sunroom leaving their cast off sunflower seed shells and normal obvious signs.  So at least I know they were predominantly in there. 

We also had a huge storm with massive winds last night.  I thought the roof was going to come away at stages through the night.  This morning as I greeted Chris and Liz, he asked me if I noticed anything different about the deck.  I said "no, why?" and he said, 'well, I didn't move the BBQ."  We have a large BBQ along with deck chairs and table.  The wind was so strong that it pushed the BBQ into the MIDDLE of the deck.  That's about 6ft!!  I knew it was cyclonic, but Sheesh!

Well, with yard and house cleaned up, I feel much better and not quite so frantic.  Tonight, there's less noise in the ceiling and no signs of Mickey the Moocher or Ratatouille.  And thanks to Chris for putting the baits in the ceiling and buying the traps.  I feel better now..... even for a 'GIRL'.

No comments: