Sunday, December 14, 2008

Clear skies in Tenterfield....

Well, it's Sunday.  Still.  We've lobbed in to Tenterfield a few minutes later after packing up from Stanthorpe. I think it took us longer to PACK up than to actually DRIVE to Tenterfield.  But, we're now resting.  We bought the groceries,..I'm washing clothes,..AND...I got to use my oven for the first time.

Today has got to be the CLEAREST day I have seen for a while.  Usually there's some clouds around building up for a storm, or sea mist hanging around, but not today.  The winds are strong which is keeping the air clear.  This is one of those most fabulous days where the sky is brilliant blue and, the grass and trees are as green as can be.

100_7792

Tenterfield is the name of this town we're staying at.  It's an old town built around 1833.  It has an old world country charm to it.  This is one of those places that I could quite easily settle down in.  Similar to Toowoomba, but not quite as busy.

And today I made some of those Coconut Macaroons. Niiice.  The oven, although VERY small, worked like a treat.  It's good for baking a potatoe, or baking scones, or biscuits.  It would be lucky enough to be only 450mm or 22 inches.(square) I'm so pleased that it was so easy to use too!

Well, while we wait for the clothes to finish drying, I'll throw in a game of Scrabble or two, and maybe even read a book.

No comments: