Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Coconut Macaroons and memories......

We recently had a Christmas party with the Scout club.  And Margaret fixed these Coconut Macaroons.  They were delicious!  So much so, that I'm sure Chris and I devoured far too many.  And while there was talk about this and that floating around the room, I was listening to Margaret give the recipe.  4 Cups of coconut, a tin of condensed milk, and some maraschino cherries chopped up.  Place in the oven for 12 mins and it's done!  Too Easy!

And while she was rattling off the recipe, my mind flickered back to a time when Dorothy, my mother in law was looking for that recipe.  You see, coconut macaroons were her FAVOURITE, but she never found the recipe.  She knew the basics of it, but didn't know the measurements of it.  I had never heard of it, so I couldn't help her.  And now, out of the blue, I have the recipe.  So in memory of Dorothy, I'll be making these.  Unfortunately, she won't be able to eat them, but I'm sure Chris will help in that score.

It's funny how little things like that trigger moments in our memories of loved ones.

No comments: