Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Computer Saga....

Four days before Christmas, Chris bought me a new computer.  We got it home.  I unpacked it and plugged it in, and fired it up.  ''ooh,...niiice...very lovely,....thank you oh so much...''  But when I tried to plug my Sierra Wireless card into the slot,...it stopped.  Half way.  uh oh.... This isn't good.  It doesn't fit.  Well, Chris put on his '' Wronged customer'' suit and ranted and raved for a few minutes about how he was going BACK to the shop and DEMAND to know what's going on.  Well, it worked out that we ended up at the Telstra shop where the Sierra Wireless card account is, and found out that we only need to get a new EXPRESS card.  It seems all the NEW computers have a different size card now.  The ''slimmer'' version.  And also, that we could possibly ring up and get it by mail, with no charges attached.

So!.. this morning I have spent the better part of an hour sorting out a new card to be sent WITH charges, only to have Chris say, well if we're going to PAY for it, we might as well pick it up at the shop.  At least that way we'll HAVE the card and it only needs to be processed while we're traveling.  So!!   BACK on the phone I go to CANCEL the bloody thing and start again.

We've been to several shops now.  Two of which were closed for the holiday period and one didn't handle Telstra's internet facilities.  I can't even pick it up from the original shop as it's on the Gold Coast, not local.  So it's been 3 days now and I still haven't been able to use the new computer.  But when I finally get my new card up and running...watch out.  There will be SMOKE coming out of this baby!!...For me, it's like getting those V8 pipes that all the guys sigh and drool over.

No comments: