Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My home,...why AM I leaving?........

People often ask me why do I want to sell our house.  It's in  such a beautiful area of the world.  It's a wonderful spot.  We have a little over four acres and we're surrounded by houses, but you wouldn't know it because of all the trees.  We have our locals; the kookaburras, the King Parrots, the Rosellas, the Eastern Rosellas, Pigeons, ducks, plovers, Rainbow Lorikeets, and the resident Magpie family.  We have the occasional snake, possum, and even a peacock that come around once in a while.

Picture 004 100_2104 

But today, I just took a friend around the place to have a look at what Springbrook has to offer.  And of course, when you're playing tourist, you see sights that you wouldn't normally see.  With fresh eyes, so to speak.

Today, we went to Best of All Lookout.  It's 180 degree view of Murwillumbah, Mt. Warning, Tweed Heads, Chillingham, and the ocean, is a site to behold on a very clear day. 

  100_4256100_4254100_4255

The 350m path had been renovated with new pavers being laid to create a border.  It looked so nice.  The plants had grown, the moss had grown, the leaves were dripping with clear water and there were shadows dancing through the faint fog which made it look like cobwebs.

100_4251 100_4252 100_4253

We then proceeded to Canyon Lookout and as we made our way in between our Asian guests who were admiring the greenery, we gazed at the falls there, looking at the sundial to see where the cities were and other local mountains.

We continued on to the end of the road to the English Cottage Gardens.  I had not walked that path (opp. the ECG) for a very long time, so that when we arrived and I found bitumen footpaths, I was astounded that so much time had passed and I didn't know.  Once again, the views were wonderful.100_4257100_4258 100_4259

We then finished off the morning with my backyard, The Purlingbrook falls.  There were quite a few people there this morning, but it was still a wonderful look.  The rangers had cleared the upper section from the previous floods, so we could walk across the top of the falls.  100_3801100_4266 100_4261

I feel like I'm missing this place and I haven't even LEFT yet.  It's been so wonderful living here.  There's a real feel of magic that surrounds this mountain.  I know we have places to go, people to see, and we shouldn't stay in one place too long. This will be one house that's going to be hard to give up.

1 comment:

Royce said...

STOP THINK WHAT YOU ARE DOING

This is a beautiful place and selling it is WRONG. You will regret it because it will be almost impossible to duplicate this place. Let your new son-in-law manage the place while you wander around but DON'T SELL.

Your favorite Uncle