Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Sleeping bag is now ready for fireside conversations under the stars.........

Okay,....my sleeping bag is now ready to go.  For some reason last night I couldn't sleep.  I think it was that last coffee I had at 3pm.  I know better, but for some reason I either didn't check the time or it was just too good to pass up.  Either way I was still wide awake at midnight last night, so I grabbed a book and started reading by torch (flashlight).  I stoked the fire back up as well.  It's interesting sitting in the loungeroom by firelight, reading a book by torch.  There's a real ambience to that, until you hear the possums in the ceiling.  (No, the man of the house still hasn't looked into that.) And then,  I think I only got a page in before my eyes started watering and wavering.

Okay,...NOW I'll go to bed.  Chris was snoring in the bedroom, and I thought, oh no,.... Hey! I might try out the sleeping bag!  So I rolled out the bag on the loungeroom floor and got a pillow.  I need a tall one, if I'm sleeping on the floor.  My body is not as flat as it used to be.

Hey!!! this is pretty cool.  I haven't done this since I stayed with Joan and Judy at their house in La Cañada.  Once, again, memories come flooding back to me as we giggled throughout the night, playing at spies,  like David McCallum and Robert Vaughn.  I can't remember the title of that program, but ooh was David McCallum coool. 

I slid into the bag feeling it's warmth and laid down.  I looked into the flames of the fire and slowly close  my eyes.  Hmmm....this is gonna be good.  But for some reason, I doze through the night, only to be woke up by Chris at 5am.  "What are doing on the floor?", '' I'm CAMPING!" I reply.  "Do you want help getting up?" he asks with a concerned look on his face...hmmm...oh yeah, I'm not 8 yrs old anymore and that's when I realized that I'm caught up in this fluffy plastic bag that's got me tied up tight,  like the bandages of  a mummy.  But you know what?  I DID it!!!  I SPRUNG from that floor just like I was 8 years old again..........okay, maybe it was  a LITTLE slower as I rolled onto my knees bringing one leg up first and then the other, looking like I was trying to do some awkward yoga position.  But I DID IT!!!  And it WAS fun!  It would have been better to share it with some one, but it was still fun.

And I don't feel too bad either.  No stiffness and the lack of sleep hasn't caught up to me yet.  I can see this is going to be an interesting trip.  After driving around in a rough riding ute all day, I should just FALL into that bag.  I look forward to sleeping out under the stars.  I'm just hoping that it's not going to be too cold.  Hmmm....in saying that...maybe I should trying sleeping out on the deck tonight to see if the bag really IS warm enough.  "Oh Chriiis!  ..wanna camp OUT tonight?"

No comments: