Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The quiet interlude......

Well, Chris is off again, working on the Scout.  I'm all alone again.  It's 6:19am and silence reigns throughout the house and even the possums in our roof have gone to sleep.

I had my French class on last night and the possums were playing games in the roof.  My poor teacher could see that my mind wasn't on the class.  The possums were romping in my ceiling from one end of the house to the other.   They usually have a play as they wake up, and then go outside for the night and forage.  So my class was timed perfectly with their playtime. 

We had the pest control guy out the previous week.  As he say's with his head in the hatch of the roof.  "yep!,..looks like possums, and there's a hole on the other side of the house where they're getting in, better get that closed up."  hmmmm.  I think this is a job for the MAN of the house.

For Jean-Marie, ...this is what a possum looks like...

Possum possum1

And I got a phone call last night around 10:30pm from Chris, shouting, " CAN YOU HEAR THIS?!!!"  'uh,.no..what's it supposed to be?" I ask.  'IT'S THE TRUCK!!,...IT'S RUNNING!!!!"  I personally can't hear anything except maybe a ping here and there.  So I yell out, "WOOHOO!!!".."THAT'S GREAT!!!"  I know I'll be able to see the REAL thing in the next few days, so it doesn't matter that I can't hear it yet, because  this is a sign, that we're almost on our way to the Simpson Desert.  "WOOHOO!!!"  So we hang up from each other and head off to bed.

Yes, the quiet interlude will be over before I know it, so I'll need to make the most of it.  So back to my French studies, and back to the USA map to work out all the things we want to see when we get there.  And I'll have to collect some more firewood, as Autumn has come to Springbrook, right on time.  A Bientôt!!,..that's "see you soon!"

No comments: