Monday, April 7, 2008

Things to see as I die.......

I just finished reading my cousin's Blog in regards to a blog that she had read.  This blog was titled " Things to see as I die".  Well, as gruesome as it first sounded, I realized that we all die in the end.  And when I DO die, and have to go watch my life on the great movie projector in the sky, I decided to make a list as well.  So here goes......

 

1)  At 5 yrs old, laying on my tummy and watching the cluster of  little blue moths in the grass flying about. 

2)  Stopping at Lane's Rd. north of Bakersfield to have a hamburger before continuing on to Papa and Grandma's house.

3)  Iced Tea, beans, enchiladas, fried chicken/gravy, made by Grandma C.

4)  Hugging my grandparents.

5)  The love I felt as I looked into each of my babies's faces, thanking the good Lord, for such a wonderful opportunity to raise children.

6)  The love I feel when I touch my husband, Chris.

7)  The love I felt for my first grandchild, Camille.

8)  The confidence I felt when I actually earned more than Chris one year,which meant to me that I could actually make it on my own if I had to.

9)  The confidence I felt when the boss said, "if I knew you were going to bring in over a million dollars in sales, I would have raised your target".

10)  I would want to see where each time I learned something spiritually significant.

11)  I would like to see my Mom and Dad again.

12)  I would like to see my dog, Sarah again.

13)  I would like to see my grand parents again.

14)  I would like feel the joy in seeing the crystal clarity of the Tasmanian sky.

15)  I would like to feel the joy in seeing beautiful flowers in a garden.

16)  I would like to feel the joy in returning home, confident that I have brought something useful to share for all.

 

Thanks Beth, for sharing this with me and allowing me to travel down memory lane again.  There's many other things I could write, but I have to think about them first.

Reading this list brings a tear to my eye as I remember each with startling clarity.  I give thanks to the good Lord, for providing such wonderful memories to me.  I can only hope that I bring wonderful memories to others as they have brought to me.

No comments: