Tuesday, April 15, 2008

THE SCOUT IS RUNNING!!!!!!!

100_4233 

Well, THIS IS IT!!  On Thursday last week, I went to our Insurance company to get the 7 day pass for Compulsory Third-party Insurance, and the DMV (Dept of Motor Vehicles) to get the permit to drive the SCOUT back from Col's house and drive it around to finish fixing it up. 

But, the fuel pump wasn't working out right.  So without the Scout, we drove back home last Friday night. We were trying to figure out what the problem was.  Well, after a couple of phone calls back and forth, Col got it running on Saturday.  Col even took it for a short test run.  He was tempted to do a couple of 360's in the paddock, but refrained and left that for Chris to do! (smile)

So off we went yesterday to pick the SCOUT up.  It was so nice to see the big smile on Chris's face.  AND on Col's face too.  He was very impressed as well and he's a veteran SCOUT man!

So Chris drove the SCOUT home on Monday.  And I did notice that he was travelling pretty good.  It wasn't until we got home, that I realized that he had been pacing himself behind someone else.  His speedo is in MILES per hour!  so he wasn't sure how fast he was going!  I also notice that he's been a little spoiled, in that his indicators don't automatically turn off.  So he has to make sure they're turned off.  Three quarters of the trip, at least ONE of those indicators was on.  I mentioned it to him when getting petrol, but I got, 'I KNOW!!!,...my hand keeps hitting the levers".  Hmmm....likely story....oh wait,...it IS kinda  small in that seat.  Yep, he could very well have.  sorry Chris.

It was a pleasure to watch this little truck driving around.  I only wish I could have put THAT on video.  But I was driving the ute back, and wasn't able to do that. 

So this week, Chris will get the rest of the windows in, some carpet and linings in the cab, get the spare wheel, calibrate the wheels, etc.  So there's still a bit to do, but IT'S RUNNING!!!!!  and either this Friday or next Monday, we should have it registered and on the road. Woohoo!!

No comments: